Tutoring at SoM
Tutoring helps tutors increase their knowledge of the material, their presentation confidence, and further hone their written & verbal communication skills.
The undergraduate programme in the School of Management is built around an extensive tutorial programme for 100, 200 and 300-level courses. Tutors are an integral part of course delivery and provide a fundamental and supportive link between lecturers and students.
Work with us in 2020
The School of Management invites applications for part-time tutoring positions in the following undergraduate Human Resource Management & Industrial Relations, Management and Tourism Management courses in Trimester 1, 2 & 3 2020.
Tri 1 – 201, 207, 302, 303, 320
Tri 2 – 304, 305, 306, 307
Tri 3 – 201
Tri 1 – 101, 202, 205, 206, 313, 314, 315, 321
Tri 2 – 101, 205, 208, 312, 316, 318
Tri 3 – 202, 250, 311, 350
Tri 1 – 101, 203
Tri 2 – 102, 201, 202
Selection criteria – essential
- Having been a PASS tutor is an advantage though not a requirement;
- Having been an Āwhina or PASI mentor is an advantage though not a requirement;
- At least an A- grade in the course you wish to tutor; or
- Completed Hons in the respective subject area; or
- Engaged in a Masters or PhD in the respective subject area.
- Outgoing personality and an interest in the support and development of students;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Well organised and reliable;
- Ability to work as a team member that includes academics & professional staff;
- Willingness to follow school processes a must.
For further information please see the attached information sheet for SoM tutors.
How to apply
Complete the application form, and email together with a CV and covering letter outlining why you want to tutor to Garry Tansley (email@example.com) in the School of Management. If you have tutored for Victoria University of Wellington previously, please include your most recent tutor evaluation with your application.
For enquiries about tutoring at the School of Management please contact: