ULANZ borrowing information
University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ) is a national reciprocal borrowing scheme for Australian and New Zealand university libraries.
Access to another ULANZ library
If you are a Victoria University of Wellington student or staff member and you wish to borrow items (in person) from another ULANZ member library, please turn up at that Library with your Victoria University student or staff ID card.
ULANZ access to the Victoria University Library
If you are a student or staff member of another ULANZ member university and want to register for ULANZ access to the Victoria University Library, please contact the library.
You will be asked to provide photographic proof of your identity, and proof that you are currently enrolled at or employed by a ULANZ member university. Your home institution library card or student identity card will also serve as your ULANZ borrower card at the Victoria University Library.
There is no charge to register as a ULANZ borrower. You may apply for ULANZ access at any time during the academic year.
Your ULANZ borrowing registration will expire after the sooner of the following:
- When you cease to be a current student or staff member at your home ULANZ institution; or
- At the end of the third trimester of the Victoria academic year in which you registered (generally mid- to late February).
Subject to the restrictions below, you have the same borrowing rights as a Victoria undergraduate student.
Restrictions applicable to ULANZ borrowers
- ULANZ borrowers may not borrow closed reserve, 2-hour and three-day loan material, or audiovisual material.
- Library materials already on loan may be reserved but not recalled from issue.
- The Architecture and Design and Law libraries can only be accessed during core weekday hours (until 5pm).
- Licensed electronic resources (e.g. databases, online journals) are not available to ULANZ borrowers.
- Inter-Library Loan, document delivery and distance services are not available to ULANZ borrowers.