Master’s resources and links
Information, guidelines, and resources for students undertaking their Master's degree.
Enrolling in a Master’s
To enrol in a Master’s by coursework, check the requirements on the relevant qualification page (usually under the 'Apply and contact' section) then enrol online. You will typically need to provide information or documentation such as a CV, contact details for referees, an expression of interest, or links to a creative portfolio.
Explore Master’s by coursework programmes offered by the Wellington Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
The Wellington Faculty of Graduate Research's information for Master’s by thesis provides information on how to apply to study for a Master’s by thesis, including what you need to do before completing the online application form.
Guidelines for Master’s students
Read the Master’s thesis regulations.
If you enrolled in a Master’s before 2015, refer to the 2014 Master’s Guidelines.
Master’s thesis reports and processes
- Confirmation of Masters Theses Research proposal
- Master's three-month progress report
- Master's eight-month progress report
- Master's candidate supervisory changes
- Master's change between full- and part-time
- Master's withdrawal form
Master’s thesis examination documents
- Master's statement of authorship form
- Supervisor's statement for thesis submission
- Recommendation of thesis examiners (to be completed by supervisor)
- Permission to exceed thesis word limit
- Request to withhold access to thesis
The Wellington Faculty of Graduate Research’s Forms and Templates page also includes forms relevant to Master’s progress reporting and intellectual property.
Regulations, policies, and guidelines
The Wellington Faculty of Graduate Research’s Regulations, policies, and guidelines page lists University policies, regulations and statutes, as well as other documents relevant to doctoral and master’s study at Victoria University of Wellington.
Master's students may be eligible for advance graduation. For more information about how to apply for graduation, please check the Applying for Graduation page.