Te Puni Village
Te Puni Village is a purpose-built Hall of Residence on Kelburn Campus, housing 398 students in a three-building complex with a 'live, learn, grow' focus.
- This nine-year old, multi-level complex consists of three buildings (The Edge, The Tower and The Terrace) separated by glass walkways. All rooms at Te Puni Village are fully catered and there are stunning views of the Wellington Harbour from the communal areas.
- Te Puni Village has 334 single bedrooms in The Edge and The Tower, and 47 single studios and 17 residents in the apartments in The Terrace. All rooms are fully furnished and heated with shared facilities.
- Te Puni Village is on Kelburn Campus and is a 10-minute walk to the city.
Fees quoted are for 2020 and are subject to change. Rates will be confirmed when you receive your offer.
- Fees include electricity, heating, internet and water charges.
- The accommodation fees are payable in advance in four instalments throughout the academic year. If you do not have a New Zealand financial guarantor, then you are required to pay for each trimester upfront.
- RAs are there to help you navigate through the challenges of university study and communal living. Study groups can be arranged and a full programme of fun events is available to encourage a balanced lifestyle.
- There are common areas equipped with TVs and two Sky rooms. A music room is also available.
- Facilities are available for residents with disabilities.
The communal dining room serves three meals a day from Monday to Friday, with brunch and dinner on weekends. Kitchenettes are available in the common rooms, studios and The Terrace's apartments. A microwave, hot water jug and a small fridge are provided in each kitchenette.
Residents have access to a communal telephone on most floors. There is also a telephone in each studio and apartment.
Wireless internet is available throughout the hall and and students can log in using their University accounts.
Basic furniture and whiteware is provided by Te Puni Village. Items that are not provided by the hall will need to be supplied by the residents. For a list of chattels provided, view the Te Puni Village Handbookpdf4MB.
Communal eftpos-operated laundry available with washing machines and dryers.
There are no car parking facilities at Te Puni Village. Bike storage is available.
PO Box 600
80 Fairlie Terrace