Halls of residence

Halls of residence offer a safe and supportive community to help you make the most of your time at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington.

Accommodation profiles

Our halls have single room, twin-share, shared apartment, studio, catered, and self-catered options—use the filters to find the right hall for you.


How to apply to live at a University hall or flat, and the application process for new and returning residents.

Key dates

Find out about dates you need to know if you want to apply for accommodation.

Guaranteed offer

Find out if you’re eligible for a guaranteed offer of a place in one of our halls.

Offer process

Hall places are offered over stages—see our offers and waiting pool process.

Fees and charges

Learn about the fees and charges involved with applying for and living in a hall of residence.

Moving in

Read about your obligations as a resident of one of our halls and the process of moving in.

Moving out

Move out day is Saturday 12 November 2022. Read the information here so you're up to speed with what you need to do.

University icon = Campus
Hall icon = Hall
List of Halls