Everton Hall houses students in fully-furnished apartments and houses located beside the cable car in pleasant hillside grounds.
Set beside Wellington’s iconic cable car and only a short distance from the Kelburn campus, Everton Hall offers an ideal transition between first-year hall living and renting private accommodation.
Its hillside location and outdoor garden and barbeque area offer a relaxing environment while still being close to the hustle and bustle of the city.
Everton Hall residents are encouraged to meet each other through the Live, Learn, Grow programme.
About the hall
- Everton Hall is operated by Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington.
- Popular with second-year and above students.
- There are 5-bedroom apartments and houses of varying sizes with single bedrooms. A few double rooms (with queen size bed) are available for couples.
- Apartments, houses, and bedrooms are fully furnished. See the list of items provided in the student handbook pdf3.3MB
- Televisions and microwaves are not provided.
- Indoor facilities include table tennis and pool tables and a large common area for events and socialising, two music practice rooms (with piano, keyboard, guitar, and drums), a games room, and a vending machine for snacks and drinks.
- There are outdoor gardens, including a vegetable and herb garden, a barbecue area and outdoor tables for residents to use.
- You can request to live in an alcohol-free space.
- Wi-Fi is available.
- A communal laundry is available with the washing machines and dryers.
|Per academic year (37 weeks)||Per week|
Silver single room
|Gold single room||$10,212||$276|
Silver double room
|$12,728||$344 (per room)|
Gold double room
|$13,542||$366 (per room)|
One bedroom apartment
2023 fees exclude electricity, heating and internet. These services are provided and the cost of these are an additional $15.00 per week.
You can purchase a linen pack for $170.00. This includes the follow items:
- pillow and pillowcase, duvet inner with cover, set of sheets and a fleece blanket
- bath towel.
Trimester 1 only contracts will incur an additional fee of 10 percent to cover the cost of finding someone to take your room when you leave.
Find out when you need to pay accommodation fees and other charges.
Get involved and meet lots of people at the many inter-hall events. Throughout the year there are sports events, a quiz night, talent quest, film festival screening, and hall formals as well as in-hall activities.
Our dedicated team of hall staff are always there to support you, and contribute to creating a friendly and safe hall whānau culture.
Residential advisers (RAs) are senior students employed and trained by the University to support hall residents. You’ll be assigned to one of them and they are often your first point of contact if you need help. RAs are very approachable and enjoy having a chat anytime. They organise hall events and can arrange study groups.
Student support coordinators are registered health professionals who are assigned to each hall, giving you easy access to counselling support. They also work closely with hall staff to ensure health and wellbeing goals are understood and being met.
We want you to have a happy and successful time at university and get all the support you may need. Make use of our study skills advice and resources as well as health, counselling, and recreation services. There are mentoring programmes and support networks available within our diverse communities.
Living with others can be hard at times. Our halls use a restorative justice process to address conflict and rule breaking. This process requires everyone affected to work together to reach an agreement about what must be done to restore relationships.
The Independent Living Student Handbook pdf3.3MB outlines our behaviour and conduct rules.
For residents of the hall who are not enrolled as students at the University, read our misconduct process schedule pdf212KB
Visit our halls
Contact the hall directly to make an appointment to visit. If you wish to see more than one hall on the same day, make sure you allow at least 30–40 minutes to cover the tour and the time to travel to the next hall.
- Email: Everton-Hall@vuw.ac.nz
- Phone: +64 4 472 0655