Whānau Housing consists of three flats that accommodate 14 students. Priority is given to students with knowledge of tikanga and te reo Māori.
- Whānau Housing consists of four flats comprising 14 single rooms, all furnished, and provides accommodation for 14 students. Day-to-day operations are managed by University Hall.
- Fourteen single rooms and four twinshare room. Kitchen utensils and all furniture provided. Bedding can be arranged to accommodate whānau who may wish to visit for one or two days.
- Ten-minute walk to Kelburn campus. Ten minutes to the city.
- Knowledge of tikanga and te reo Māori is an advantage. Priority is given to students of Māori descent, but individual circumstances of other students are taken into account. Interviews will be conducted if necessary.
Fees quoted are for 2021 and are subject to change. Rates will be confirmed when you receive your offer.
- Fee includes electricity, with additional charge for excessive use.
- The accommodation fees are payable in advance in four instalments throughout the academic year. If you do not have a New Zealand financial guarantor, then you are required to pay for each trimester upfront.
- Residents are encouraged to participate in marae activities. Support and care are provided by Kathy Samuel, Tauhere Te Herenga Waka Marae.
- Residents can participate in fun inter-hall events, as well as in-hall activities.
- Contact University Hall or the Accommodation Service to discuss any special needs.
Residents self-cater. Residents will be rostered to coordinate grocery purchases and meal preparation.
Wireless broadband internet connection is provided. Heavy usage of internet may attract an extra charge.
Basic furniture and whiteware is provided by University Hall. Items that are not provided by the hall will need to be supplied by the residents. For a list of chattels provided, please view the University Hall Handbook.
Communal laundry available on site with washing machines and dryers.
Limited off-street parking available. Uncovered parking: $125 per trimester. Covered parking: $250 per trimester. Street parking is in high demand. Residents can also apply for parking permits provided by the Wellington City Council.
PO Box 600
University Hall Office
2 Waiteata Road
Victoria University of Wellington