Chinese Language Courses
Find out about customised Chinese language classes for professionals, government officials and academics.
We offer ten-week HSK preparation online and on site courses for Mandarin language students.
Monday 26 February, 5:30pm (on site)
Tuesday 27 February, 5:30pm (online)
Wednesday 28 February, 5:30pm (online)
Thursday 29 February, 5:30pm (online)
Thursday 29 February, 5.30pm (online)
Level to be confirmed after registration based on demand.
Expressions of Interest
Register here by 12 February 2024 and view more details.
For students 14 years and older in groups (up to 4), who are planning to sit an HSK test.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
In this introductory course, specially tailored for the New Zealand workplace, In partnership with Wellington Uni-Professional, we offer an introductory course, tailored for the New Zealand workplace on the basics of Chinese language and culture. In this course you will gain a greater understanding of conducting business with China, including receiving Chinese visitors, visiting China, and business communications with Chinese.
You will have the opportunity to sit the HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) standard Chinese proficiency language test, Level 1, at the end of the course. Test is optional and involves a small fee that is not included in the course fee.
More information about the course can be found here.
Printed course materials will be provided.
This course will benefit anyone who is involved with China or Chinese in the work context.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Master Chinese Language pronunciation, including the recognition and writing of Pinyin, four tones;
- Use the oral communication, including greeting, self-introduction and asking questions;
- Understand basic differences between Chinese Language and English;
- Gain a better understanding of Chinese culture and society as it relates to professional interactions;
- Learn elements and constructions of Chinese characters and become capable of writing 20–50 Chinese characters;
- Learn HSK 1 vocabulary as request.
Confucius Institute at Victoria University of Wellington: Chinese Language Teaching Programme
The University’s Confucius Institute provides tailored Chinese language and culture training to professionals, including government officials, academics, and those intending to take the HSK Chinese Language Proficiency Test which is a globally recognised achievement standard in the Chinese language.
- Language classes are generally taught to groups of not fewer than 3 clients and not more than 12 clients .
- Those interested to learn Chinese at the University’s Confucius Institute have the responsibility of forming their own group of 3 or more students of around the same level of Chinese competency.
- Classes are taught during working hours only.
- Classes are usually an hour long, are weekly, and taught in blocks of ten weeks per course, with course content and dates to be discussed and agreed with clients.
- The charge for this year’s classes is available on request.
- The University’s Confucius Institute is also able to offer Chinese cultural training to clients, depending on availability of resources.
All enquiries about classes and cultural training should go to: firstname.lastname@example.org.