Training sessions for postgraduate students (Honours, Masters, PhD)
Learn how to apply for human ethics approval by joining one of our training sessions for postgraduate students.
These training sessions are designed to (1) assist student researchers to understand the ‘nuts and bolts’ of how to make an ethics application to the Human Ethics Committee (HEC) or the Pipitea Human Ethics Sub-Committee (Pipitea-HEC) and (2) answer any questions you have about the process.
The topics that will be covered in these sessions are:
- When is HEC approval required?
- Why is ethics approval required?
- What are the ‘ethics principles’ that guide the committee decisions?
- HEC and Pipitea-HEC application process.
- Applying through ResearchMaster.
- What does the committee look for in your ethics application?
- Tips for your application.
- Hot topics in Human Research Ethics.
- ‘Amendment/Extension’ application.
Join us in Rankine Brown 903, on Wednesday 13 October 2021, noon–1 pm. You can also join us by Zoom
Future training sessions
|Wednesday 13 October 2021, 12-1 pm||RB 903 or Zoom|
|Wednesday 10 November 2021, 12-1 pm||RB 903 or Zoom|