S.T. Lee Travel Award
The S.T. Lee Travel Award provides funding for one young researcher per year to engage with the International Arctic Research Center through exchange visits.
Each year, one young scientist is chosen for an exchange visit between the Antarctic Research Centre, Victoria University of Wellington (VUW) and the International Arctic Research Center, University of Alaska Fairbanks (IARC). The host centre alternates each year and the student is recommended by the Director of the host centre.
The chosen young scientist gives a talk at the host centre and interacts widely with scientists at the host university and centre.
Within a month of the completion of the visit he/she should provide both directors and the Lee Seng Tee Foundation with a short report that reflects both the activities undertaken and the value of the visit.
The exchange visit may be for one week or another mutually agreeable period. If extra expenses are incurred, the host centre will provide them.
- David Rounce IARC March 2020 (travel cancelled due to COVID-19)
- Lauren Vargo VUW August 2019
- Leo Pure VUW October 2018
- Andrew Johnson IARC March 2018
- Eva Sutter VUW April 2017
- Sean Barberie IARC March 2016
- Christian Kienholtz IARC October 2015
- Shaun Eaves VUW July 2014
- Christina Carr IARC January 2013
- Alice Doughty VUW November 2012
- Andrew Mackintosh VUW June 2012
- Marijke Habermann IARC February 2011
- Nick Golledge VUW November 2010
- Ana Aguilar-Islas IARC April 2009
- Keleigh Jones VUW May 2008
- Jason Amundson IARC November 2006
- Daniel Pringle VUW December 2004
See International Arctic Research Centre in Fairbanks for details of research activities.