We offer a range of services and resources for students who identify with diverse sexual orientations and sex and gender identities.
Rainbow and inclusion is offering online appoints on Zoom during the University closure. You can book an appointment through rainbow and inclusion advisor Georgia Andrews. Call 027 359 6739 or email email@example.com.
At Victoria University of Wellington, our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual/agender (LGBTQIA+), and takatāpui communities are known as the Rainbow community.
The University's rainbow and inclusion adviser supports LGBTQIA+ and takatāpui students and works with our community to make sure our campuses are a safe and inclusive environment for students of all sexualities, genders and sex characteristics.
Resources and links
- Updating your preferred or legal name
- Victoria University of Wellington no room campaign poster [PDF; 288KB]
- Victoria University of Wellington rainbow and inclusion poster [PDF; 5.5MB]
- Advice for including rainbow students (Wellington School of Business and Government)
- View or download the Queer and Trans 101: A super simple comic book guide
- Watch InsideOUT's 'More than Four' YouTube series
- Growing up Takatāpui Whānau Journeys: Interviews with seven takatāpui rangatahi and their whānau help to inform this resource.
- The Genderbread person: A teaching tool for breaking down the big concept of gender down into bite-sized, digestible pieces.
- Accessing transgender healthcare.