VicTeach events 2021
VicTeach events planned so far for 2021.
Expressions of interest
Expressions of interest are being sought throughout 2021 to develop a full calendar of VicTeach seminars, workshops, and activities that VicTeach can support with funding. From this list of interest areas, a full calendar of activities, seminars, and workshops will be developed.
See Get Involved for further information, submission dates, and to access the application form.
During level 2 and higher, we will host a regular VicTeach meet-up via Zoom. This is for anyone who wants to chat about any and all teaching issues on our minds, and to share advice, experience, and trouble-shooting tips.
See the events calendar and events list in the side-bar for event details and times.
VicTeach 2021 kick off
- Would you like to connect with a community of professional and academic staff across the University who are passionate about teaching and learning?
- Have you been wondering what VicTeach is all about?
- Do you want to explore a particular type of teaching (e.g., online, dual-mode, flipped, small groups, more interactive, innovative assessment)?
- Or is there a challenge that you’d like to think about in more depth (e.g., first-year experience, transition to and from university, Māori and Pasifika student success, sustainability, graduate attributes, inclusivity, diversity and access, gender balance, supporting international students)?
- Are you interested in new leadership opportunities with a great bunch of colleagues who are also passionate about teaching?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then please come to the VicTeach 2021 kickoff event and be part of the VicTeach community.
VicTeach is a professional learning community, established by staff, for staff, which has been running in a fairly organic way since 2013. We welcome all staff—and that is one of our strengths—professional staff, academics, tutors, and students are all key to ensuring (and improving on) a great learning experience at the University.
We support community members to host events throughout the year, including seminars, workshops, retreats, and other community building initiatives related to teaching.
During the kickoff we will:
- Talk about where VicTeach has been, and our aspirations for the future.
- Hear from a panel of community members—to give you a sense of what VicTeach is about and what it is like to be involved in hosting or participating in an event.
- Chat about Expressions of Interest for events and initiatives.