Making an appointment
You can work with a learning adviser to discuss learning strategies, unpack assignment questions, clarify your ideas or plan your weekly study routine.
Appointments are 50 minutes long and confidential. In order to get the appointment time you want, make your appointment a week to 10 days ahead.
How to make an appointment
Contact Student Learning:
- use our online booking form
- call 04 463 5999; or
- email email@example.com. If you are emailing us to make an appointment, please also include:
- your student ID number
- a contact phone number
- some suggested times
- course code (e.g., FCOM111)
- visit our offices at the locations below.
When you come to the appointment, bring any relevant material with you—your essay topic, essay draft, past work that you wish to talk about, any work that you have done surrounding your problem, etc.
8.30 am–4.30 pm, Monday–Friday
Level 0, Kirk Building, Kelburn Parade
(Accessible entrance via Gate 2, Hunter Courtyard)
8.30 am–3.30 pm, Tuesday and Thursday
Mezzanine floor, Rutherford House
23 Lambton Quay
If you have a quick question or short piece of writing to discuss, come to our library help desk. We can spend up to 15 minutes with you. No appointment is necessary. The express appointment help-desk is only available during trimesters 1 and 2 (excluding mid trimester breaks and mid year break).
- specific queries you want answered
- your assignment printed
- a positive attitude.
Our policy—what we do and don’t do
What we do
- guide students in particular skills and relate these skills to their own work
- act as a “sounding board” for ideas on essays, seminars, etc.
- suggest useful avenues of direction when students seem confused or bogged down
- provide confidential support
- help students gain confidence in the formal academic setting
- help students learn new skills and brush up on old ones.
What we don’t do
- proofread essays
- provide an editing service
- do maths (or any) assignments
- provide subject-specific information
- assess work in any way.