Making an appointment
You can work with a learning adviser to discuss learning strategies, unpack assignment questions, clarify your ideas or plan your weekly study routine.
I would like an appointment for:
Level 0, Kirk Building, Kelburn Parade
|Book Kelburn appointment|
Tuesday, 8:30am-4:30pm |
Mezzanine floor, Rutherford House
|Book Pipitea appointment|
|To be confirmed||Book Te Aro appointment|
*only available during T1 & T2 teaching weeks
If you have a quick question or short piece of writing to discuss, come to our library help desk. We can spend up to 15 minutes with you. No appointment is necessary. The express appointment help-desk is only available during trimesters 1 and 2 (excluding mid trimester breaks and mid year break).
- specific queries you want answered
- your assignment printed
- a positive attitude.
Our policy—what we do and don’t do
What we do
- guide students in particular skills and relate these skills to their own work
- act as a “sounding board” for ideas on essays, seminars, etc.
- suggest useful courses of action when students seem confused or bogged down
- provide confidential support
- help students gain confidence in the formal academic setting
- help students learn new skills and brush up on old ones.
What we don’t do
- proofread essays
- provide an editing service
- do maths (or any) assignments
- format student work
- provide subject-specific information
- assess work in any way.