All students can download and install a selection of software for learning and research. Software may be used at home or on campus.
While you’re studying at Victoria University of Wellington you can download and install a selection of software packages to support your learning and research. The software is available for students to install on personal computers and can be used at home or on campus.
ITS software download site
Download applications from the ITS software download site.
- Endnote—reference management tool
- JMP—statistical discovery and visualisation software
- Matlab—computation, visualisation and programming tool
- NVivo—data analysis software
- SAS—analytical and statistical tool.
Office365 is available through your student email account.
- Outlook—email and personal information management software
- OneNote—information gathering and collaboration tool
- Word—word processing program
- Excel—spreadsheet and data tool
- PowerPoint—slideshow presentation software
- Publisher—desktop publishing software
- Access—database management system
- OneDrive—cloud file hosting service
- Skype—video conferencing tool.
You can access Office365 through myTools:
- Log into Student Email
- click on Settings
- under Office365 settings a list of available software will be displayed
- click on the icon of the software you want to install.
Installing Microsoft Office suite via Office 365
You can install the standard Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint from the Office 365 website directly on to your computer.
Download our instructions on how to download Office 365 on to your computer.