All students can download and install a selection of software for learning and research. Software may be used at home or on campus.
While you’re studying at the University, you can download and install a selection of software packages to support your learning and research. The software is available for students to install on personal computers and can be used at home or on campus.
Student software download site
Download applications from the student software download site.
The available specialist software includes:
- Endnote—reference management tool
- JMP—statistical discovery and visualisation software
- Matlab—computation, visualisation and programming tool
- NVivo—data analysis software.
Office 365 suite
Microsoft apps—such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint—are available for you to use online, and can also be downloaded to your own devices.
- Go to the Pūaha student portal and click on the Office 365 icon.
- If you're not automatically signed in to your Office 365 account, log in with your 'myvuw' student email address and password.
The Office 365 software includes:
- Outlook—email and personal information management software
- OneNote—information gathering and collaboration tool
- Word—word processing program
- Excel—spreadsheet and data tool
- PowerPoint—slideshow presentation software
- Publisher—desktop publishing software
- Access—database management system
- OneDrive—cloud file hosting service
- Skype—video conferencing tool.