Personal device support
Digital Solutions provides support and diagnosis of students personally owned devices through the Service Desk and regular laptop clinics.
The University encourages the use of personal devices on campus.
To support students using their own devices, Digital Solutions provides support and diagnosis for students personally owned devices through the Digital Solutions Service Desk and the Digital Solutions laptop clinic.
Services provided by the Digital Solutions Service Desk and laptop clinic include:
- Basic diagnosis and troubleshooting
- anti-virus installation or software loads (Digital Solutions can help you install software you hold the license for and software provided by the University)
- installation of drivers as required
- assistance with wireless connectivity
- printing assistance
- general advice and guidance.
The laptop clinics are held during Trimesters 1 and 2 at the Kelburn and Pipitea campuses.
- 10–12 pm, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Level 2, The Hub, outside the Library.
- 10–12 pm, Tuesday and Thursday
- Level 3, Rutherford House, Room 330.
If there are no technicians on site when you arrive, contact the Digital Solutions Service Desk on 04 463 5050.