Personal device support
ITS provides support and diagnosis of students personally owned devices through the Service Desk and regular Laptop Clinics.
Victoria University of Wellington encourages the use of personal devices on campus.
To support students using their own devices, ITS provides support and diagnosis for students personally owned devices through the ITS service desk and the ITS laptop clinic. Services provided by the ITS service desk and laptop clinic include:
- Basic diagnosis and troubleshooting
- anti-virus installation or software loads (ITS can help you install software you hold the license for and software provided by the University)
- installation of drivers as required
- assistance with wireless connectivity
- printing assistance
- general advice and guidance.
The laptop clinics are held during Trimesters 1 and 2 at the Kelburn and Pipitea campuses.
- Kelburn campus
- 10–12 pm, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- Level 1, Rankine Brown
- Pipitea campus
- 10–12 pm, Tuesday and Thursday
- Ground floor, Rutherford House, Room G16, behind the Victoria Info Ihonui desk on the ground floor (the Info Ihonui desk is on the bus stop side of Rutherford House).
If there are no technicians on site when you arrive, contact the ITS service desk on 04 463 5050.
Contact the ITS service desk for support in Trimester 3.