eduroam wireless network
eduroam is a federated identity provider administered by GÉANT, a European research and education networking community.
eduroam allows users from Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington to access the eduroam wireless network when they are away from their home institution, by using a username and password provided by that institution.
eduroam will not function for University staff or students when on campus. For more information, see the eduroam website.
How to connect to eduroam
- Browse to your device’s Wi-Fi connections
- Connect to ‘eduroam’ wireless network.
- Enter username/identity in the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enter the password associated with your account.
- Android users: if necessary, set ‘CA Certificate’ to ‘Unspecified’ or ‘Don’t validate.’
- If asked, trust the certificate presented and press ‘Continue’ until connected.