Audio visual services
Teaching Technology provide reactive and proactive support for audio visual (AV) technology used in teaching and learning, meetings and research outcomes.
- Maintenance, monitoring and auditing of permanently installed audiovisual (AV) technologies within shared teaching and collaboration spaces at Victoria University of Wellington including display/sound systems and touch panels.
- Provision of portable AV technologies required to support the University’s business needs—sound systems, microphones and MUPPETS (Multi-Use Portable Presentation E-communication Trolley).
- Venue specific training in the effective use of available AV technologies—lecterns, display systems, video conferencing and the lecture theatre recording system
- Support for electronic lecture and presentation recording services in person and remotely.
- Assistance with the planning, management and implementation of AV technology upgrades in shared teaching spaces at the University.
- Technical support for ‘Wallflower’, the University’s digital signage system, and associated digital information displays (DID’s).
Key technologies used in teaching and learning spaces:
- Display devices used for presentations, collaboration and communication e.g., all-in-one mobile display systems, data projectors, document cameras and screens.
- Sound systems to aid in the distribution of sound for listeners e.g., loudspeakers, amplifiers, microphones.
- User interfaces for easy utilisation of AV technology e.g., touch panel controls.
- Communication tools to aid in collaboration and content sharing e.g., presentation recording (VStream service and Personal Capture software), Video Conference (VC).
- Remote monitoring, support and control of managed AV systems (provided via AMX RMS).
Most teaching and collaboration spaces throughout the University are equipped with AV technology. Content stored on the locally installed computer, a laptop or compatible device can be displayed on the technology available in the University’s teaching spaces.
Booking and enquiries
To book the Advanced Learning and Communications Facilities (ALCF) rooms on Level 9 of Rankine Brown (RB901 and RB903) contact the Service Desk or send an email to AVemail@example.com.
All teaching and learning spaces at the University are built for a certain purpose and are equipped with AV equipment suitable to the rooms specification. A list of room specifications can be viewed here.
Click here to search All Teaching Rooms grouped by Specification.
Search for a Room
To find an appropriate room for teaching or a meeting, browse to Search for Rooms to search by Campus, Room type, capacity and Specification.