Faculty of Law International Students LLM Fee Scholarship
The purpose of the scholarship is to assist with the high costs for international students associated with this degree.
The scholarship may be granted to students with a good academic record who can show financial need. Applicants must be full fee paying international students and may not be employed as full-time members of staff at Te Herenga Waka—Victoria University of Wellington or any other university.
Scholarship specific documentation
This scholarship is not able to be held in conjunction with any other fee paying Scholarship. Students must maintain full-time enrolment.
Applications can be made up to one month prior to the commencement of study.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
Faculty of Law