Warren Trust Scholarships
The School's aim is to align the scholarships with the strategic planning of the School to raise design standards in the Master of Architecture (Professional), and for the scholarships to be used to enable high achieving students who face financial challenges to continue their architectural education.
The Warren Trust, via the Victoria University of Wellington Foundation, has provided the School of Architecture with sponsorship of architecture students within their programme.
Applicants must be enrolled in their third year of the Architecture programme of the Bachelor of Architectural Studies (BAS), and intending to enrol in the MArch (Prof) at Victoria University of Wellington in the year following application. The scholarship will be awarded based on the applicant's performance in architectural design studios in year 2 and 3 of the BAS and financial need. Awarding of the scholarship is conditioned to acceptance into the MArch (Prof) programme at Victoria University of Wellington in the year after BAS completion. Priority will be given to students who are undertaking their first degree at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants must be enrolled in their third year of the Architecture programme of the Bachelor of Architectural Studies (BAS), and intending to enrol in the MArch (Prof) at Victoria University of Wellington in the year following application.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A personal statement on future career plans which includes how you propose to use the scholarship funds
- A reference from School (to be requested via the online application)
The successful recipients will be selected by a panel of appropriate staff from the School of Architecture.
The scholarship will be paid in two equal instalments - one in Trimester 1 and the second in Trimester 2 on confirmation of recipients maintaining a B+ average or above.
Recipients must write a letter of thanks to the donor of this scholarship.
Recipients are also required to write an end of year report to the donor to update them on how their scholarship year progressed.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.