Warren and Mahoney Scholarship for Master of Architecture (Professional)
This scholarship is open to students who are their fifth year of study in a Master of Architecture (Professional) at Victoria University of Wellington.
Warren and Mahoney established this award in 2018 through a desire to recognise talented individuals in their fifth year of study of a MArch Prof, and to offer them the opportunity to build a closer ties with their firm and the industry in general.
The scholarship is open to fifth year students studying towards a Master of Architecture (Professional) at Victoria University of Wellington. The donor is looking for an individual who demonstrates a flair for design and innovation, along with good communication skills and high level of academic achievement.
- Applicants must be in their fifth year of study in a Master of Architecture (Professional) at Victoria University of Wellington.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A personal statement detailing why the applicants wish to hold this scholarship
- A portfolio showcasing the best of their work (the size of the sample portfolio must not exceed 10MB)
The successful recipient will be selected by the Director of Postgraduate Programmes and the Programme Director of Architecture at Victoria University of Wellington, and representatives from Warren and Mahoney.
The value of the scholarship is $2,000 (a graduate opportunity may also be organised directly with Warren and Mahoney).
Recipients must write a letter of thanks to the donor of this scholarship.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.