The Energy Education Trust Undergraduate Scholarships
The EETNZ Scholarships are available to students in year three or four pursuing a full-time bachelor’s degree in science, economics or engineering and related fields but with an interest in energy as it relates to the specific needs of Aotearoa New Zealand. The Selection Panel will pay close attention to the applicant's academic results (GPA or GPE) as well as consideration of their demonstrated interest in energy, the relevance of their current programme of study, future study and career plans. Candidates will be required to write a short paper explaining their interest in energy and short- listed candidates will be required to attend an interview with the Selection Panel.
The Energy Education Trust of New Zealand (EETNZ) is registered as a charitable trust for the advancement of tertiary education and research in New Zealand in disciplines relevant to New Zealand’s present and emerging energy needs. To further this mission the EETNZ established undergraduate scholarships available for full-time study in the fields of science, economics or engineering and related fields but with a specific interest in energy as it relates to the energy needs of New Zealand Aotearoa.
Applicants must be currently studying in year three or four of a bachelor’s degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington in science, economics or engineering and related field with an interest in energy.
- Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand
- Applications are sought from candidates who are enrolled or planning to enrol in a degree programme at Victoria University of Wellington, in an area which focuses on energy matters. E.g. Law, Policy, Engineering
- Selection will be made based on academic merit, community involvement, motivation to succeed and a demonstrated interest in or job/project experience in energy issues and how this interest is demonstrated in their studies and future career plans.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A brief personal statement outlining how you meet the selection criteria of the scholarship
- A brief summary of your study and objectives and courses expected to enrol in
- Two references requested via the online application
The VUW Scholarship Office will receive applications and ensure that applicants meet the criteria including a Grade Points Average (GPA) of 6 has been met before forwarding applications to the two Trustees responsible for reviewing the applications in that year. These Trustees will interview those students who have been shortlisted.
The successful recipient must write a thank you letter to the donor within one month of receiving the award.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
Scholarships and PhD Admissions Office
Phone 0800 04 04 04