PFM Burrows Memorial Scholarship
The Scholarship is designed to assist a student in the Wellington School of Architecture at Victoria University of Wellington who has completed their second year of study.
This Scholarship was established through the Victoria University of Wellington Foundation from a bequest by Mrs Carol Rowan, in memory of her grandfather, Pierre Finch Martineau Burrows, who was a former Colonial Architect of New Zealand.
The Scholarship is awarded on academic merit with consideration for the candidate's willingness to help others.
- Applicants must be enrolled at Victoria University of Wellington studying towards a Bachelor of Architectural Studies (BAS).
- Applicants must have finished their second year of their BAS and are now studying at 300 level.
- Applicants must be a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A personal statement.
- Two PDFs of an A3 piece of design work.
The successful recipient will be chosen by the Wellington School of Architecture Examiners' Committee.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.