Ngāti Mutunga Scholarship
This scholarship is for full-time students studying at 200 level or above at Victoria University of Wellington who are a part of Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Mutunga.
Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Mutunga and Victoria University of Wellington have agreed to co-fund an annual scholarship for the purpose of encouraging and financially supporting the successful pursuit of tertiary study and leadership development for Ngāti Mutunga.
Te Runanga o Ngāti Mutunga is the governance body which owns and administers the collective assets for the benefit of Ngāti Mutunga. In 2018, Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Mutunga signed a He Herenga Tangata Relationship Agreement with Victoria University of Wellington and committed to work cooperatively to support the participation and success of Ngāti Mutunga students at the University.
Who is eligible?
- Applicants must be a registered beneficiary of Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Mutunga.
- Applicants must be an enrolled fulltime student of Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants must be studying at 200 level or above.
Students can be studying towards any subject area or qualification so long as they are studying at 200 level or above. The scholarship will be awarded based on academic merit and the personal statement.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- Provide a brief personal statement introducing themselves to Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Mutunga and a description of their commitment to the iwi, now or in the future.
Selection will be made Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Mutunga.
The value of this scholarship is co-funded by Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Mutunga & Te Herenga Waka–Victoria University of Wellington.
It is expected successful recipients will write a letter or email of appreciation to Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Mutunga.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
Scholarships and PhD Admissions Office
Phone 0800 04 04 04