Clifford Wallace Collins Memorial Trust
The trust fund was established in 1980 to provide an annual award to support graduates of the University of Canterbury undertaking a course of study in Librarianship at a New Zealand university, and to commemorate the contribution made to the University and its library by Clifford Wallace Collins (1909-1979). Mr Collins was Librarian to Canterbury University College and the University of Canterbury from 1934 to 1971.
- Applicants must have graduated, or be eligible to graduate, from the University of Canterbury.
- Applicants must have applied for admission to a postgraduate programme in Information Studies at Victoria University of Wellington.
- The award is tenable by students enrolled in a postgraduate programme in Information Studies at Victoria University of Wellington.
The award is made by the Council of the University of Canterbury on the recommendation of the Information Studies Programme Director of Victoria University of Wellington (or nominee).
In making a recommendation, the Information Studies Programme Director (or nominee) will consider:
- academic achievement and financial need.
- If, in any year, there is no candidate of sufficient merit, no award will be made.
Applications, addressing the selection criteria, must be made by letter to the Information Studies Programme Director of Victoria University of Wellington by 15 April.
The award is co-tenable with any other award unless the conditions of the other award preclude this.
An award will be paid by direct credit to a recipient's nominated New Zealand bank account.
Conditions of acceptance:
- The award must be taken up in the year in which it is offered.
- Unless otherwise specified in the offer letter, an offer of an award will lapse if it is not formally accepted within one calendar month of the date of the offer.
- A student may receive only one award from the Clifford Wallace Collins Memorial Trust.
- In the event of withdrawal from enrolment during tenure of the award, such that a recipient is no longer enrolled in a postgraduate programme in Information Studies at Victoria University of Wellington, the award will be withdrawn, and any paid funds may be recovered.
- By accepting the award, recipients permit publication and announcement of their acceptance.
- Continuation of an award is conditional on satisfactory academic progress and adherence to the statutes and regulations of Victoria University of Wellington.