Sir Paul Callaghan Magnetic Resonance PhD Scholarship in Physics or Engineering
This scholarship is to support PhD research in the field of Magnetic Resonance Physics or Engineering.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to undertake PhD research which falls within the above research field. Candidates should indicate in their Statement of Research Interests how their intended research relates to magnetic resonance. The successful applicant would ideally have a first class honours or Masters degree in Physics or Electronic Engineering to be accepted into the PhD programme at Victoria University of Wellington.
Applicants must meet the entry requirements for PhD study at Victoria University of Wellington. Refer to the Wellington Faculty of Graduate Research. New PhD applicants should complete the PhD Admission and Scholarship online application and clearly indicate they wish to apply for the Sir Paul Callaghan Magnetic Resonance PhD Scholarship in Physics or Engineering.
Note that applicants may also be requested to supply evidence of financial hardship if applicable, and any other documentation they wish to be considered by the committee, such as personal statements or character references, to assist their application.
The successful recipient will be selected by a panel from Wellington Faculty of Science and Wellington Faculty of Engineering.
One scholarship is to be funded at any one time. When the position has been filled it will not be available until the current scholar submits. The scholarship will be funded from interest on the endowed funds. Should this not be sufficient to fund the scholarship Victoria University of Wellington will provide sufficient funds to ensure the current scholarship is funded. This arrangement will be revisited from time to time but will not affect any scholar currently funded.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.
For more information please contact Petrik Galvosas: Petrik.Galvosas@vuw.ac.nz