Find out why the Wellington Faculty of Education, Te Whānau o Ako Pai, ranks among the best in the world.
Ranked in the top 80 in the world for Education (Times Higher Education Rankings by Subject 2020), the Wellington Faculty of Education has a long tradition of high-quality teaching, learning, research, and engagement with society.
Teaching and research in the Faculty are immersed in a diverse and vibrant city. We benefit from having close relationships with a number of Wellington schools and being embedded in the education sector in the region. We have a very strong commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Our initial teacher education programmes are accredited by the Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand. For those interested in our Educational Psychology programme, we offer an accredited professional pathway, recognised nationally and internationally.
We aim to develop excellent teachers, practitioners, and scholars; to do this:
- We are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- We educate for social and ecological justice.
- We undertake transformational research, with a focus on teacher education, educational psychology, and education studies.
- We teach and prepare students for lifelong learning.
- We engage in cultural partnerships that enhance and strengthen our relationships with communities locally, nationally, and internationally.