Connect with staff at the Wellington Faculty of Education, Te Whānau o Ako Pai, and explore our key strengths.
Wellington College of Education and Victoria University of Wellington formally merged on 1 January 2005. This merger created a very strong Faculty with teaching and research expertise in teacher education and support and the study of education.
Specific strengths are:
- initial preparation of early childhood, primary and secondary teachers
- professional development of teachers
- educational psychology, counselling and human development
- curriculum, assessment and evaluation
- Māori education
- Pacific education
- special education and education for diverse learners
- education and training
- ICT and education.
The Wellington Faculty of Education is located on level 8 of the Murphy Building, Kelburn Campus.
Many of our courses and programmes are available nationally and internationally through a web-based delivery platform.