Find out why the Wellington Faculty of Education, Te Whānau o Ako Pai, ranks among the best in the world.
Ranked in the Top 150 for Education globally (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022), we have a long tradition of high-quality teaching, learning, research, and engagement with society.
Nestled in the heart of Wellington, our Faculty reflects the vibrant and diverse character of our city and benefits from a close relationship with its educational settings and agencies. We have a very strong commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Our initial teacher education programmes are accredited by the Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand. For those interested in our Educational Psychology programmes, we offer an accredited professional pathway, recognised nationally and internationally.
We aim to develop excellent teachers, practitioners, and scholars. To do this:
- we are committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- we educate for social and ecological justice.
- we undertake transformational research, with a focus on teaching, educational psychology, and education studies.
- we teach and prepare students for lifelong learning.
- we engage in cultural partnerships that enhance and strengthen our relationships with communities locally, nationally, and internationally.