Rob Cameron Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is intended to honour Rob’s legacy of commitment to continuous learning and giving back to the community by supporting students going on to further study in their field.
Cameron Partners is pleased to offer the Rob Cameron Memorial Scholarship on behalf of the firm and his family, to honour and celebrate Rob’s academic values and the professional contribution he made to New Zealand’s capital markets and wider business community.
The scholarship recognises Rob’s passion for education and life-long learning; and his close association with Victoria University of Wellington. Rob received a BCA with First Class Honours from the University, and an MPA (Finance and Economics) from Harvard University. In 2013, Victoria University of Wellington awarded Rob an Honorary Doctorate in Commerce.
Cameron Partners is a leading New Zealand investment bank providing M&A and corporate finance advice to a range of local and international clients. The firm operates from offices in Auckland and Wellington and globally through its alliance with Rothschild & Co. For further information visit www.cameronpartners.co.nz
The scholarship is intended to support the next generation of emerging leaders who have chosen a career in Finance, Business, Commerce, Politics or Law.
This scholarship is open to students enrolled full-time in a Finance, Business, Commerce, Politics or Law course at Victoria University of Wellington. Applicants need to be in their third year of study and intending to progress onto Honours level. This scholarship is to support the study costs of undertaking an Honours year.
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate degree, or be enrolled full-time in their final year of any undergraduate degree related to Finance, Business, Commerce, Politics or Law offered at any New Zealand university.
- Applicants must be intending to enrol in a full-time Honours programme at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants will be assessed on the basis of their academic merit (which will be assessed after completion of the first semester in the final year of undergraduate study).
- Preference may be given to applicants experiencing financial hardship or constraints.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A CV of the applicant's prior education, employment and interests
- A personal statement outlining how they meet the criteria for this scholarship
- An academic transcript
The successful recipients will be selected by the Academic Programme Leader for the Honours programme at Wellington Faculty of Business and Government (in association with relevant staff from the Faculty of Law, if applicable) in consultation with the donor. Applicants may be invited for interview.
The successful recipients are expected to write a letter of appreciation to the donor within one month of receiving the award.
They may be asked to share their dissertation with the donor for publication (while retaining all IP and subject to any embargo), and potentially present their research to representatives from Cameron Partners.
They may also be asked to be meet with the donor in a social gathering, and are expected to provide an end of year report to the donor.
The successful recipients may also receive the following directly from the donor following the scholarship award:
- An offer of mentorship from Cameron Partners personnel
- A year’s membership in INFINZ’s Young Financial Professional Programme where they will be eligible to attend all YFP events
- Attendance at the annual INFINZ conference, including flights and accommodation
- An offer to participate in Cameron Partners’ graduate recruitment process (if applicable)
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.