Clare Galambos-Winter Scholarships in Violin Performance
The purpose of these scholarships is to foster the performance careers of exceptionally talented musicians who have demonstrated a strong and clear commitment to a career in violin (or cello) performance. They are available at Honours or undergraduate level. There are two scholarships offered in perpetuity, one for Honours students and one for undergraduate students.
The Clare Galambos-Winter Scholarships were established to support students in the New Zealand School of Music who demonstrate exceptional talent in violin performance.
The Honours Scholarship will be awarded to the most talented student in violin performance (second choice, cello performance) enrolling for an Honours degree/PG Dip in Music at the New Zealand School of Music. Applicants may be graduates of the New Zealand School of Music or music graduates of another New Zealand university.
The Undergraduate Scholarship will be awarded to the most talented student in violin performance (second choice, cello performance) enrolling in the first, second or third year of an undergraduate degree in the New Zealand School of Music.
Both scholarships are open to New Zealand citizens or permanent residents only. Applicants may be up to 25 years of age at the time of their application for either scholarships.
- Applicants must be currents students in violin performance (second choice, cello performance)
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or Honours/PG Dip in Music at the New Zealand School of Music, Victoria University of Wellington
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A personal statement outilining career aspirations and goals, as well as the need for financial assitance (if applicable)
The successful recipient will be selected by the New Zealand School of Music.
Recipients must write a letter of thanks to the donor of this scholarship.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.