Technical resource centre
The Technical Resource Centre provides a variety of services to students and staff at the Wellington Faculty of Architecture and Design Innovation.
Sales and services
- Sales of general and specialist art and craft supplies.
- Sales of modelling materials (including laser cutter materials).
- Adding credit to student SOAD domain print accounts.
- Paying for cost-recoverable 3D digital equipment bookings and services.
- Loan of Building Science equipment.
- Loan of general audio-visual and photographic equipment.
- Loan of specialist Media Design AV equipment.
- Plotting/printing/rapid prototyping booking and payment.
- Techno router payment (booking via the workshop).
- Binding and digital scanning of prints and plans up to A0.
- Laser cutter bookings and payment—via the FAD online booking system.
- Modella MX40A booking and payment—via the FAD online booking system.
- Booking ergonomics lab VS0.03, photographic lab VS0.02—via the FAD online booking system.
- Processing exhibition requests from staff
Building and facility services
Visit either the Technical Resource Centre or the Faculty reception to report Te Aro campus and utility issues.
Urgent and critical faults should be immediately phoned through to Campus Services extension 6600.
If there is a charge for items or services to students, it is passed on at cost price. 3D digital equipment is provided at significantly subsidised rates. The Technical Resource Centre accepts cash, cheque, or EFTPOS.