Awards and Scholarships
Discover your potential by applying for one of the scholarships and awards offered to students at the School of Engineering and Computer Science.
Scholarships may be for first-year students, returning students or specific types of postgraduate study such as Master's or PhD. Some scholarships, such as the Datacom Systems Scholarship, are specifically for undergraduate Computer Science students.
Summer Research Scholarships
If you’re a third-year student or above, you could spend the summer supporting a research project in the Faculty of Engineering and earn a valuable scholarship. Find out more about Summer Research Scholarships.
A number of prizes are awarded annually to the top performing undergraduate students in the School of Engineering and Computer Science.
There is no applications process for these prizes—the winners are selected by a School committee.
- Addison Wesley Prize in Computer Science is given to the three best undergraduate students (one each at 100-, 200- and 300-level)
- Vickerman Engineering Award is for the best first year Engineering student
- IET Prize (Institute of Engineering Prize) is for the best third year Engineering student
- Rotary Club of Wellington Science Prize—Computer Science is given to the student with best overall performance
- Unlimited Potential Prize supports an outstanding Computer Science student