Become a tutor
The School of Economics and Finance (SEF) seeks tutors that meet our academic standards and who demonstrate key competencies.
There are many benefits to becoming a SEF tutor, including:
- enhancing your leadership, people management, and time management skills
- developing your presentation and verbal communication skills, including the ability to give effective feedback
- receiving a competitive pay rate
- meeting other tutors and being part of an academic community
We aim for all our tutors to have a good experience. Returning tutors help prepare and support our new tutors.
Depending on the content of the tutorial, your duties may include:
- Preparing and delivering specific tutorial and/or workshop material at scheduled times
- Recording student attendance
- Attending meetings as required with the course coordinator and/or lecturers
- Effective and timely marking of tutorial assignments, test and/or essays, including feedback to students
- Timely submission of marks according to the specified process
- Attending tutor training (new tutors only)
- Other duties as required by the Course Coordinator, Senior Administrator or Course Administrator.
How to apply
Apply by completing this expression of interest form
Applications for Trimester 1, 2024 are now open. We are also happy to receive expressions of interest for tutoring in Trimester 2 and 3, 2024.
Positions remain open until filled.
If you have any questions regarding tutoring, please contact Cathy Fouhy.
School of Economics and Finance