William Purdie Bursary
This scholarship is open to ex-pupils of Marlborough Boys' College or Marlborough Girls' College to attend Victoria University of Wellington.
This scholarship arises from a fund subscribed by friends of William Purdie, a former graduate of Victoria University of Wellington and a Master of Marlborough College.
Candidates must be ex-pupils of Marlborough Boys' College or Marlborough Girls' College who intend to enrol at Victoria University of Wellington. Selection will be based on academic merit, however if two or more applicants have the same results financial hardship can be taken into account.
- Applicants must be ex-pupils of Malborough Boys' or Malborough Girls' College.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
Selection will be made by the University Undergraduate Scholarships Committee.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.