Victoria Students' Psychology Society (VSPS) Scholarship
The VSPS constitution states "The Psychology Society offers a range of events that enrich the study of psychology, bring together students at all levels of study, and foster a relationship between students and academic staff outside the classrooms".
The VSPS Scholarship was set up in 2014 to recognise society members who strive to uphold the values of the VSPS. The VSPS constitution states "The Psychology Society offers a range of events that enrich the study of psychology, bring together students at all levels of study, and foster a relationship between students and academic staff outside the classrooms. The society also provides students with information relevant to their degrees".
This scholarship is open to all members (both undergraduate and postgraduate) of the VSPS from any field of study who are enrolled in Psychology courses and have at least a B average GPA.
- Applicants must be enrolled in at least one Psychology course during the year of application
- Applicants must be a fully paid member of the VSPS at the closing date for applications
- Applicants must have at least a B average (GPA of 5)
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A statement outlining applicant's commitment to the ideals of the VSPS, outside of their involvement in the society
The successful applicants will be selected by a panel consisting of the VSPS President and Psychology VSPS Staff Liaison. The panel may contact applicants for further information regarding their application.
- Successful applicants will be expected to present the VSPS with a signed report detailing how the award was spent
- VSPS reserves the right to use the names and photographs of successful applicants for promotional purposes
- The number of new scholarships to be awarded is determined annually
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.