Swafford Family Scholarship
This scholarship is intended to acknowledge and support an outstanding student majoring in Education at Victoria University of Wellington. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, but where more than one top applicant consideration will be given to applicants experiencing financial hardship.
This award was established in 2002 by Dr Glenn Swafford, a graduate of Victoria University of Wellington to support students studying Education at the University.
This scholarship is open to any undergraduate or postgraduate student who is currently enrolled on an Education course at the University. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, but where more than one top applicant consideration will be given to applicants experiencing financial hardship.
- Applicants must be enrolled full time majoring in Education at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants may include financial information if appropriate.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
Complete the financial section of the application if appropriate.
Selection will be made by a committee comprised of the Head of School of Education (or nominee) and appropriate School of Education staff.
Recipients must write a letter of thanks to the donor of the scholarship.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.