Rebekah Wilson Scholarship for Sonic Arts
The scholarship is open to female students of the New Zealand School of Music who are studying or who aspire to study sonic arts.
This scholarship was established in 2017 by Rebekah Wilson, a composer, sonic-artist, computer programmer, Wellington resident, and graduate of Victoria University of Wellington.
This scholarship is open to female students of the New Zealand School of Music who are studying or who aspire to study sonic arts. The successful applicant will be chosen on the basis of prior attainment and identified potential, taking into account, where appropriate, financial need.
- Applicants must be female.
- Applicants must be enrolled or intending to enrol in the New Zealand School of Music, majoring in Sonic Arts.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A personal statement, including details of financial hardship if appropriate.
Selection will be made by a panel of appropriate New Zealand School of Music staff, advised by the Programme Director for Composition and Sonic Arts in consultations with the donor.
The successful applicant is invited to meet the donor informally during the course of the year to discuss career options in sonic arts. The Victoria University of Wellington Foundation will expect recipients to write a letter of thanks to the donor on receipt of the award.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.