Norman Kirk Memorial Trust Pasifika Scholarship
This scholarship is offered, via the Victoria University of Wellington Foundation, to a New Zealand-based Pasifika student who meets the Trust's criteria and who is enrolling full-time for the first year of a degree course at Victoria University of Wellington and is facing financial hardship. Preference may be given to a mature student.
- Applicants must be a New Zealand-based Pasifika student
- Applicants must be facing financial hardship.
- Applicants must be enrolling in their first undergraduate degree in the year following application
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- Personal statement
- Complete the financial hardship section
- A character reference (to be requested via the online system)
- Pasifika Endorsement of ethnicity
In consultation with nominees from the office of the AVC (Pasifika), Financial Support & Advice, the Scholarships Office will submit a short list of up to five candidates to the Trust.
Recipients are required to write a letter of thanks to the donors and to submit an end-of-year progress report.
Recipients must maintain a C+ GPA to retain the scholarship for the second and third years.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.