Linguistics Taught Postgraduate Scholarship
History and purpose
This scholarship has been established by the School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, te Herenga Waka-Victoria University of Wellington.
The purpose of this scholarship is to assist students to undertake the degree of BA (Hons) or Master of Linguistics at Te Herenga Waka-Victoria University of Wellington.
Who is Eligible?
- The scholarship is open to all students who will, in the year following of the application, be enrolled full-time in the degree of BA (Hons) or Master of Linguistics at Te Herenga Waka-Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in the year following that of the application, in the degree of BA (Hons) or Master of Linguistics at Te Herenga Waka-Victoria University of Wellington.
- The scholarship shall be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- The minimum level of academic achievement expected of successful applicants is a grade average of at least A- in 40 points at 300 level in the subject to be pursued at postgraduate level.
How do students apply?
All scholarship applications are submitted through Community Force.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
The successful recipient will be selected by a panel consisting of the Head of School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies and appropriate staff from the school.
Regulations and conditions
- The scholarship may not be held in conjunction with a Wellington Graduate Award.
- The offer of a scholarship shall lapse if the awardee has not notified the Scholarships Office of their acceptance of the scholarship within four weeks of receipt of the official offer of the scholarship.
- At the discretion of the selection panel, the application of the terms and conditions of the scholarship may be modified or relaxed in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the scholarship.