Graduate Women Wellington - Second Year Hutt Valley Scholarship
The scholarship is open to female students who are enrolled full time at Victoria University of Wellington for the second year of their undergraduate degree at the time of application. Selection will be made based on academic merit, financial circumstances and personal qualities.
This scholarship was established in 2014 by the NZ Federation of University Women (Wellington Branch) (Inc.) to support women educated in the Hutt Valley.
Applicants must be female second year students who have attended and completed at least two years of their secondary school education in the Hutt Valley (this is to include Year 11 and 12).
- Applicants must be female.
- Applicants must be currently studying full time at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants must have completed at least two years of their secondary school education (must include years 11 and 12) in the Hutt Valley.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- Applicants must complete the financial section of the online application.
- A personal statement.
Selection will bee made by the Victoria Undergraduate Scholarships Committee.
Recipients must write a letter of thanks to the donor of this scholarship.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.