Graduate Women Wellington - Masters by thesis Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to encourage postgraduate study by women at masters by thesis level at Victoria University of Wellington.
This scholarship was established in 1988 by the Wellington Branch of the New Zealand Federation of University Women (Inc) to encourage postgraduate study by women.
The scholarship is open to female students who are enrolled for a Masters degree by thesis at Victoria University of Wellington. The selection may take into account not only the academic merit of the applicants but also their financial needs with regard to dependants.
- Applicants must be female students at Victoria University of Wellington
- Applicants must be enrolled for a Masters degree by thesis
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- Details of proposed/current research
- Financial statement in regards to any dependants (if applicable)
Recipients must write a letter of thanks to the donor of this scholarship and provide an end of year progress report to the GWW.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.