Fisher Trumpet Scholarship
The Fisher Trumpet Scholarship aims to support undergraduate music students at NZSM, Victoria University of Wellington who demonstrate excellence in trumpet performance.
This scholarship is generously provided by Charlotte Fisher to support undergraduate students who demonstrate excellence in the trumpet. The recipient of this award shall receive $3,000 and will also receive a trumpet from the NZSM for use during their studies.
This scholarship is open to full-time undergraduate music students going into their first or second year of a Bachelor of Music specialising in the trumpet. Selection for this scholarship is based on the musical excellence of the student.
- Applicants must be enrolling full-time as an undergraduate music students.
- Applicants must be going into their first or second year of a Bachelor of Music specialising in the trumpet.
- Preference may be given to Jazz and contemporary performance students.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A letter of support from a music teacher or tutor
The Director of the New Zealand School of Music (or their nominee) in consultation with the School of Music Scholarships Committee as appropriate. The donor will be provided with a shortlist of applicants and provide input.
The recipient of this scholarship shall be provided with a trumpet to enhance the scholarship holder's performance.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.