Fehl Charitable Trust (FCT) Scholarships
These scholarships are targeted to deserving New Zealand School of Music undergraduate students who are in financial need. Preference will be given to second and third year students who have demonstrated a commitment and contribution to music within and beyond the university community.
These scholarships were established through the Victoria University of Wellington Foundation to support deserving New Zealand School of Music undergraduate students who are facing financial hardship.
The scholarship is open to all undergraduate music students however preference will be given to second and third year students who have demonstrated a commitment and contribution to music within and beyond the university community. Recipients are selected on the basis of financial need, academic merit and commitment to music.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full time in an undergraduate degree at the New Zealand School of Music.
- Applicants must be experiencing financial hardship.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
Selection will be made by representative of the New Zealand School of Music in consultation with the donor. *The donor reserves the right to not award these scholarships if there are no suitable candidates, or to award an additional scholarship at their discretion, following discussion with the relevant academic staff.
Recipients must write a letter of thanks to the donor to show their appreciation.
The recipient will be expected to demonstrate engagement and contribute to the community and environment of the New Zealand School of Music. This may include but is not limited to, participation in ensembles, presentations, or performances at NZSM or university events.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.