Curtis-Gordon Research Scholarships in Chemistry
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage chemistry students to undertake research degrees.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in Chemistry in the BSc (Hons), MSc, or PhD degrees in the School of Chemical and Physical Sciences at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in Chemistry in the BSc (Hons), MSc, or PhD degree in the School of Chemical and Physical Sciences at Victoria University of Wellington.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A personal statement outlining reasons for applying for the scholarship
- A CV
- A statement on the area of Chemistry you are currently pursuing
When selecting the scholarship holders, the ability of the candidates to complete the practical requirements of the degree will be of primary concern. The personal circumstances of the candidates may also be considered. Preference may be given to candidates who have completed all, or a substantial portion of, their undergraduate degree in Chemistry in the School of Chemical and Physical Sciences of Victoria University of Wellington.
Recipients must write a letter of thanks to the donor of this scholarship.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.