The fund, which was established at the time of the renovation of the C3 lecture theatre, is to assist a second-year student from any faculty in their studies at Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington
This Scholarship was established, through the Victoria University of Wellington Foundation, by an endowment donated by former professors and students of Victoria University of Wellington in recognition of their time spent in the C3 Lecture Theatre (now HU LT323). A plaque listing the major donors to this endowment fund has been erected outside the lecture theatre.
- Applicants must be current full time undergraduate students studying at 200 level.
- Applicants must have completed their first year of study at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants must be NZ citizens or permanent residents.
- Scholarships will be awarded competitively based on academic merit
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Recipients will be selected by the Victoria University Undergraduate Scholarship Committee.
Scholarship will be paid as one lump sum directly to the student upon acceptance of the award.
Recipients are required to write a letter of thanks to the donor of this scholarship and provide an end of year progress report.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.