A K Elliot Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is to help students conduct research in the field of librarianship.
This scholarship arises from a bequest under the Will of Miss Agnes King Elliot, former President of the New Zealand Library Association, who died in 1982.
The scholarship is open to applicants who, in the year of tenure will be enrolled as Master's or PhD students undertaking a research degree in Information Studies, and intend to pursue a research topic in the field of Librarianship in New Zealand.
- Applicants must be intending to enrol in Master's by research or PhD degree in Information Studies at Victoria University of Wellington (preference will be given to a specialisation in Library Science (LIBR) or Archives and Records Management (ARCR).
- Applicants must be intending to pursue a research topic in the field of Librarianship in New Zealand.
A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the closing date. Contact us if you have any queries.
Scholarship specific documentation
- A brief description of the research topic to be undertaken
The successful recipient will be selected by Head of School of Information Management in consultation with appropriate staff from the school.
In making the award the panel may take into consideration academic and professional Librarianship performance and such other factors as in their judgement are important in library work in New Zealand.
Recipients must write a letter of thanks to the donor of this scholarship.
Regulations and conditions
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
- The Scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
- The Scholarship may be held in conjunction with other awards.
- Should the recipient withdraw from Victoria University of Wellington during the tenure of this scholarship or fail to achieve a satisfactory progress, partial repayment of the Scholarship will normally be expected. Recipients must advise the Scholarships Office if they intend to withdraw.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for Victoria University of Wellington and participate in appropriate events or marketing if requested.
- At the discretion of the Deciding Authority, the application of the terms and conditions of the Scholarship may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any candidate for the Scholarship.