Awards and scholarships
Find out about the awards and scholarships available for Accounting, Taxation, and Commercial Law students.
There are many scholarships for which students may be eligible. For a complete listing of prizes and scholarships visit the scholarships website.
The following prizes are usually available:
- Auditor-General’s Prize for Government Accounting and Finance (best student in ACCY330)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Prize in Law of Organisations (COML204)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Prize for Introduction to Accounting Information Systems (ACCY225)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand Prize in Advanced Management Accounting (ACCY302)
- CPA Australia Prize in Accounting (most outstanding 3rd year student majoring in Accounting)
- The Khanna Prize in Management Accounting
- KPMG Prize in Financial Accounting ACCY231
- KPMG Prize in Taxation TAXN201
- KPMG Prize in Fundamentals of Accounting ACCY131
- KPMG Prize in Management Accounting ACCY 223
- MPA Award - CPA Australia Prize
Awards of Excellence in Accounting, Commercial Law and Taxation
Awards for Excellence in Accounting, Commercial Law and Taxation are made each December by the School of Accounting and Commercial Law. The awards will be given to students who have achieved superior academic results in their courses.
To be eligible, students must have enrolled in at least two Accounting courses or two Commercial Law courses or two Taxation courses in the previous twelve months, and not be a previous winner of the particular award. Recipients of the awards will receive a certificate and will be invited to a special function to recognise their outstanding achievement.