Technical resource centre
The Technical Resource Centre provides a variety of services to students and staff at the Faculty of Architecture and Design.
Sales and services
- Sales of general and specialist Art & Craft supplies.
- Sales of Modelling materials (including laser cutter materials).
- Loading money onto student SOAD Domain 'print accounts'.
- Paying for cost recoverable 3D digital equipment bookings & services.
- Loan of Building Science equipment.
- Loan of general audio-visual & photographic equipment.
- Loan of specialist Media Design AV equipment.
- Plotting/Printing/Rapid Prototyping booking and payment.
- Techno router payment (booking via the workshop).
- Binding & Digital scanning of prints and plans up to A0.
- Laser cutter bookings & payment—via FAD on-line booking system.
- Modella MX40A booking and payment—via FAD on-line booking system.
- Booking ergonomics lab VS0.03, photographic lab VS0.02—via FAD on-line booking system.
- Processing exhibition requests from staff
Building and facility services
Visit either the Technical Resource Centre or the Faculty reception to report Te Aro campus and utility issues.
Urgent and critical faults should be immediately phoned through to Campus Services ext. 6600.
If there is a charge for items or services to students, it is passed on at cost price. 3D digital equipment is at significantly subsidised rates. The Technical Resource Centre accepts cash, cheque or EFTPOS.