Toihuarewa is comprised of academics, general staff, students and community representatives.
Officially membership of Toihuarewa includes:
- Tumu Ahurei / Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Māori) (Convener)
- a Deputy Convener
- all Māori academic staff of the University who elect to be members of Toihuarewa
- up to two representatives of Māori students, appointed on the recommendation of Ngāi Tauira
- the Chair of Te Hauhiku, or their nominee
- staff teaching in papers or undertaking research with significant Māori content, as invited by the membership of Toihuarewa.
If you are interested in becoming a member of Toihuarewa, contact Cecilia Tuiomanufili.
Maori Scholarships and Relationships Coordinator
PVC Maori/Iwi Studies