The Health Services Research Centre hosts a seminar series on health services research and policy.
These free lunchtime seminars are open to the public and take place monthly throughout the year.
The series is an opportunity for scholars and others to share their research results, seek input for developing research, or discuss issues in health services and policy. The seminars are attended by people from many backgrounds, including policy analysts, health professionals, academics from a range of disciplines, and interested individuals. We encourage discussion in an informal atmosphere.
For further information or to receive a notice about forthcoming sessions, contact email@example.com
- Nurse safe staffing in New Zealand: Where we are and how we got here
Presented by Rhonda McKelvie
When: Tuesday 11 February, 12.30 - 1.30pm
Where: Old Government Building, Pipitea, Lecture Theatre 1
No RSVP required.
- 27 November 2019 ~ Tertiary student wellbeing: what we know and what we need to know
Presented by Philip S. Morrison, Emeritus professor, Victoria University of Wellington Chair of the YOU Survey Research Team
- 7 October 2019 ~ Phase two of the Health and Disability System Review.
Presented by Peter Crampton, Professor of Public Health, University of Otago. Presentation
- 19 September 2019 ~ Debates about surrogacy arrangements: What experts and surrogate mothers say
Presented by Rhonda Shaw, School of Social and Cultural Studies, Victoria University of Wellington
- 5 September 2019 ~ SociaLab: A census-based simulation tool for public policy inquiry
Presented by Professor Peter Davis
- 21 August 2019 ~Learning Health Systems for Asthma.
Presented by Colin Simpson, Faculty of Health, Victoria University of Wellington
- 23 July 2019 ~ Health workforce and needs.
Presented by Emmanuel Jo, Ministry of Health/University of Auckland
- 12 June 2019 ~ Strengthening prevention in communities through a systems-change approach: Lessons from the evaluation of Healthy Families NZ
Presented by Anna Matheson, Victoria University of Wellington & Mat Walton, Institute of Environmental Science & Research
- 14 May 2019 ~ He Tapu Te Whare Tangata (the sacred house of humankind): Research to inform cervical cancer prevention in Aotearoa.
Presented by Anna Adcock, Dr Kendall Stevenson & Dr Jane MacDonald, Te Tātai Hauora o Hine, the Centre for Women’s Health Research, Victoria University of Wellington.
- 17 April 2019 ~ Are we there yet? Scenarios for the New Zealand health sector.
Presented by Lesley Middleton & Malcolm Menzies, Health Services Research Centre.
- 19 March 2019 ~ PHARMAC: Decision making, Pharmacoeconomics and Investment Outcomes.
Presented by Carsten Schousboe (Senior Health Economist, PHARMAC). Presentation
- 21 November 2018 ~ Bullying in the GP workforce.
Presented by Dr Dr Samantha Murton (Department of Primary Health Care and General Practice, University of Otago Wellington) and Emma Wicks (Royal College of General Practitioners)
- 18 September 2018 ~ “It feels like being trapped in an abusive relationship”: Bullying prevalence and consequences in the NZ senior medical workforce; a cross-sectional study.
Presented by Charlotte Chambers, Association of Salaried Medical Specialists.
- 6 August 2018 ~ Transformation of Primary Care: Lessons from Wales, evidence and international experience.
Presented by Dr Robin Miller, Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham
- 17 July 2018 ~ Designing for type 1 diabetes: Investigating adolescents’ experiences and their psychosocial user requirements of medical technologies.
Presented by Dr Gillian McCarthy, School of Design, Victoria University of Wellington
- 13 June 2018 ~ Fatigue – a workplace perspective.
Presented by Holly Endicott-Davies, WorkSafe New Zealand.
- 22 May 2018 ~ Navigating silence: Understanding the grief experiences of young men bereaved by suicide.
Presented by Dr Chris Bowden, School of Education, Victoria University of Wellington
- 26 April 2018 ~ Health Care Home: Retooling Primary Health Care for the 21st Century.
Presented by Martin Hefford, Compass Health
- 27 March 2018 ~ Caught on the horns of a dilemma? The leadership challenge facing healthcare boards in times of financial austerity.
Presented by Professor Judith Smith, Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham
- 21 February 2018 ~ Linking sensitive data: ethics and opportunities for youth research in New Zealand
An expert panel facilitated by Dr Terry Fleming, Faculty of Health, Victoria University of Wellington